How to Make a Hot Bar Visible Again Ffxic

  • Forums
  • Final Fantasy
  • Last Fantasy 14
You are using an out of date browser. Information technology may non display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or apply an alternative browser.

FFXIV: Hotbar Setup

  • Thread starter Half-dozen
  • Get-go engagement
  • Tagged users None
  • #1
Six
Joined
Mar 24, 2009
Messages
11,539
Location
Saturn.
Gil
i,333
Mako Points
9
First of all, this thread is for both PC and Console players, it works the aforementioned fashion as the screenshot thread, but for this thread, you just show off your Hotbar Setup. Feel free to give a bit of an explanation when it comes to your hotbar choices as well.

My subscription ran out yesterday, then I can't postal service a movie still, but tomorrow I'll re-sub and get my hotbar in gild to show my way of playing.

I know a lot of PC players have a neat setup, only I personally nonetheless prefer playing with the controller (on the PC), I am however, trying to detect a good setup to play with mouse and keyboard, simply to avoid the 3rd political party (DS3 tool) dying in the middle of combat...

So yeah, permit'due south see yours, and why you chose your electric current setup!

  • #2
L
Joined
Jan 15, 2007
Messages
4,103
Age
32
Gil
0
Mako Points
0
FFXIV
Ellen Rock
FFXIV Server
Adamantoise
Well honestly it really all depends on y'all. What keybinds piece of work for others may not work for some.

That existence said, I by and large like to go on my hand in the same reach of my nearly important abilities then that they can be used without any delay and have changed a lot over the years that I have spent playing estimator games. I used to keyboard turn and actually jump my abilities to the numpad lol. Now I plough with the mouse and use pretty much every primal that I tin on the left side of the keyboard and then mouse buttons too.

0jnMwuR.png

50, M3 and M5 are all mouse buttons. Everything with a Diamond (actually it is an arrow but its and then tiny) beside it is a Shift modifier, and those with a modest A an Alt modifier. All the buttons to the side are basically a navigation menu

I like to go on my buffs and debuffs near my bars because I check my bars pretty ofttimes for cooldowns, so I am more likely to notice them, though I wish they weren't both on the same field.

  • #three
Ethics
Joined
Jun 17, 2009
Messages
ane,409
Age
31
Location
Florida, Usa
Gil
0
Mako Points
0
^ Waaaaay too much screen real estate taken up with hotbars. Personally, I adopt to get out every bit much open up as I can go to allow for me to see more of what is going on around me. It helps (me). I hibernate irrelevant data (inventory, exp, primary menu, etc) using a subconscious hotbar of macros. Ctrl+H toggles my HUD and removes irrelevant bits, Ctrl+X brings up everything that is hidden for a fleck of debugging, Ctrl+R is return, Ctrl+T teleport, etc etc...

Will supply a screenshot tomorrow in a ninja edit.

Since I main WHM, most of my skills can fit nicely betwixt ane and 5. I move primarily with mouse during combat, even often in place of strafing because I can often predict it ahead of time and prepare. Hotbar two is accessed with a Ctrl modifier, which sounds weird, but Hotbar 3 is what I apply for my secondary hotbar. The reason that hotbar 3 is easier to access is considering it's my ambitious damage spells, DOTs, holy, rock etc. which I use ofttimes. Ctrl modifier for buffs and medica doesn't bother me considering I can predict their usage and queue information technology up earlier my current cast/GCD is over.

In the finish, for me, information technology all comes downward to prediction and preparation and that is why I accept my current setup. Mayhap I should main scholar and non WHM, simply....WHM for life.

Edit: It took me more than a day to get this up, but here it is. Shut up. The last prototype with the blatant vertical hotbar is the one that is typically subconscious. I replaced my debug macro with my Opo-opo minion, considering tiny fucking monkeys. I'll explain the macros in the macro thread over here.

scmRtNi.jpg Gd0IgTi.jpg Cnz2sld.jpg

Last edited:
  • #four
I don't have a current sub either, so here's only a random old screenshot. I've used the aforementioned layout since mean solar day 1 of playing the beta on PS3, even though I now play on PC.
attachment.php

I similar to have everything as out-of-the-way as possible. On PC this isn't as big a deal, only back on the PS3'south 720p resolution the default configuration felt way likewise cramped to me. So I tried to distribute the UI mass effectually the edges of the display to leave the center uncluttered as the focal signal. Obviously I'1000 playing with a controller here, also--I use a Dualshock 3 or Dualshock 4 depending on my mood.

Attachments

  • ffxiv_04132014_194114.jpg
    ffxiv_04132014_194114.jpg
  • #v
Six
Joined
Mar 24, 2009
Letters
xi,539
Location
Saturn.
Gil
ane,333
Mako Points
9
It would drive me basics to have my hotbar up at the top...

I am trying to learn to play this game with mouse and keyboard... It's proving to exist very difficult. Crafting classes, and my main DPS (Monk) class, I yet play with the controller (on PC), just the white mage class, I'm trying to use mouse/keyboard as often every bit possible.

(Click the images to enlarge)

DPS / Crafting setup:
ffxiv_23022015_005555.jpg

White mage setup:
2015-02-26_00002.jpg

  • #6
Ethics
Joined
Jun 17, 2009
Messages
ane,409
Age
31
Location
Florida, USA
Gil
0
Mako Points
0
Finally got around to updating my before post because shut up, I know it took me longer than a solar day. At that place was no typo in the previous judgement.
  • #7
Joined
Sep iv, 2015
Letters
929
Gil
468
Mako Points
2
This is my White Mage hotbar every bit of today!
o7OBss.png

I'thou sure it looks completely random to people but I accept a reason for most things existence where they are. Get-go upward, every healing and back up related spell (bar a few) are upwards front. Since WHM is commencement and foremost a healer, having easy access to everything related to that is very important. Absolutely I'm having trouble with my Scholar hotbar considering healing feels secondary at that place. But anyway! I know my Cure placements carp people, but the point there is that they're opposites. I press the right trigger and down on the d-pad to cast a Cure (I). If I want a Cure (Two), I practise the positional opposite and press the left trigger and the "10" push button. They feel very deliberate this way.

The extra hotbar on the side is there considering of this:

iOvGxH.png

Part of my "play fashion" with WHM is that I like to DPS as much every bit possible before doing whatsoever kind of healing and with my current setup I tin can practice that rather well, I remember. Since my offensive skills are on the trigger shortcuts, I can switch in or out of cleric opinion and showtime healing with all of my abilities within i GCD. Additionally, no matter what I'm doing, I'm able to see the cooldowns of my support skills which makes me more probable to employ them or to conform appropriately (Can't tell you how often I "forgot" nigh certain skills before doing this). I don't accept Benediction on the side because the cooldown is so very long that me using information technology is VERY deliberate.

...

Aforementioned idea goes for my Bard:

I27DeD.png

My "songs" are on the trigger shortcut so they're tucked away, but still available rather easily. Cooldowns and certain offensive skills that tin't fit on the beginning hotbar, are placed on the other trigger shortcut and also the side hotbar so I know when to employ them (even so need to get a few Dragoon skills for my Bard, simply y'all become the idea).

yXMUB7.png
  • #8
Six
Joined
Mar 24, 2009
Messages
eleven,539
Location
Saturn.
Gil
1,333
Mako Points
nine
Astrologian Hotbar Setup incoming!! :D

R1+Foursquare

locpnfF.png

This bar is a mess and needs cleaning up, simply information technology would remain the aforementioned. I might slap "Surecast" on at that place, since I don't have it yet, and I'yard sure it would be handy to have at times. Basically all my become to things like Teleport, Sprint, mounts, the Limit Pause and food are hither.

R1+Triangle

Dt25ulL.png
Sh1ylaq.png
This is my main hotbar. Here you volition detect all my healing spells and nigh used buff spells similar the cards, Synastry, my Shroud of Saints, etc. Cleric Stance is on both my healing hotbar and my DPS hotbar so that if I switch too fast, I don't take to switch dorsum to a different hotbar. I like to keep my card system close together. All my main heals, cure I, cure Ii, medica, and medica II are on the right.

R1+Circumvolve

VyxBhOa.png
8MYlbFT.png

Here's where my pre-fight buffs are, and my "healing chimera" as you don't employ information technology quite equally ofttimes equally you would on WHM due to move breaking the bubble. Swiftcast, Raise (with message), etc. And then apparently all my DPS skills are on the left. There'south one or two cross class skills you can add together, but I've never bothered... If I always practice I'll put them on R1+X which... is empty atm.

( The Grinch as you lot can see I favour R2 for my "role dedicated" spells. This is obviously something you tin can alter to adapt your personal playstyle)

  • Forums
  • Terminal Fantasy
  • Final Fantasy Xiv

smithlaideard.blogspot.com

Source: https://www.finalfantasyforums.net/threads/ffxiv-hotbar-setup.61389/

0 Response to "How to Make a Hot Bar Visible Again Ffxic"

Post a Comment

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel